Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

An American in Korea

This summer, I'm going to Korea! Everyone cheer!

Okay okay so none of it's confirmed yet, because I have yet to even send off my application. This is something commonly known as "counting my eggs before they're hatched"...hopefully it won't backfire on me. I'm trying to be a part of Sogang University's summer semester, since I won't be doing any study abroad programs my junior year. Boo!!

So some stuff about me:

I'm Melody and I'm a sophomore at Bryn Mawr College. I'm a Korean-American born in sunny California and until recently, I had no interest whatsoever in Korea! Shaaaame. My parents were so disappointed in me, though they got used to it. But recently I've been all about connecting with my roots (so cliché) and getting super into learning the Korean language and culture. So this blog's going to be all about that, with lots of information about applying to Korean language programs. Hopefully I'll get into Sogang and you won't have to read a bunch of posts about me applying to different language programs over and over again, hahaha. I'm super pumped, though, fair warning, I'm definitely not an expert in anything.

Peace <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment