Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Serious Post, For Once

I'm considering withdrawing from Sogang University, just because my health has been so poor this summer. With the tuition money I'd move into Seoul proper and buy additional textbooks from the bookstore and self-study. I think I could do this, and I'd really enjoy it more this way, just because my Korean is so spotty and all over the place that going to class isn't helping me at all. I really don't enjoy attending classes, more so than the usual dislike. That I can usually push through.

Also, the early mornings really don't help. I don't know what's up with my body recently but I can't fall asleep before 4 or 5 AM no matter how tired I get, so when my alarm goes off at 6:30 AM I usually just ignore it and fall asleep. Plus my head kills me in the early mornings.

Who even knows??? All this depends on whether or not Sogang will give me back my tuition money, and how my dad feels about all this, since it is ultimately his money. My basic plan would be to wake up around 8 or 9 every morning, eat breakfast, study in my room until 1 or 2 PM, then go out and be a tourist and shop around. The one drawback that I can see is that it would be really lonely, since I wouldn't have any avenues to make friends, but I'm pretty okay with that.

AHHHHH WHAT SHOULD I DO.

Anyway I already sent the email off to Sogang asking about the tuition refund, so if they say no, I guess I'll just have to stick it through or find a better plan. Siiigh. This plan makes me really happy though, I really hope I can make it happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment